Elly's Place

Adventures of a Night Nurse

Saturday, July 22, 2006

I sat on the bench outside the double glass doors at work and watched the sunrise this morning. Above the tops of evergreens the sky went from lavendar to pink to peach to white to blue. A sliver of moon was left and one twinkley star. Very pretty. I never liked a red streaked sky. Of all nature, the sky is my favorite. Sometimes when I'm driving and look up at unusual clouds, or when I'm leaving for work and the sky is black with thousands of bright white stars, I whisper "thank you God!". I can't help but think he's styled it just for me. What an ego I have!

"The stars are soft as flowers, and as near. The hills are webs of shadow, slowly spun. No separate leaf or single blade is here, all blend to one." -Dorothy Parker

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home