Elly's Place

Adventures of a Night Nurse

Friday, July 21, 2006

A lot has happened since I last posted, naturally, as it's been over half a year and I have never been a girl of routine.

Most important, I've started a new job. I ended a long year of the ever stressful Med-Surg at the hospital and am now at a nursing home. I loved the hospital. It was my first nursing job and raised my knowledge bank enormously compared to when I graduated. But months of frazzle is hard on a lady and so I took the less stressful graveyard shift as a charge nurse of a upper middle class nursing home. I really like it. I am all hustle and bustle at work, quite the opposite of my outside life. I have always been plagued by disorganization and procrastination but as a nurse I am organized, always on time, if not early, at all times eager to learn everything there is to know at the facility. Against my past life, I am a model of efficiency. And always striving to be better.

I'm planning two gorgeous trips in October: one to Denver to see my brother and anothern to Des Moines to a rather beautiful B&B for my anniversary.

My marriage is lovely and we are approaching our 3rd year anniversary. Everyone asks when the babies are coming, and they may be coming soon. Who knows? A little old lady at work told me the other day, "You need to get that damned old husband of yours to get busy and give you some babies!" Never end a paragraph with a quote, although I have nothing more to add here. My high school English teacher was quite strict about that.

Now that I've written a short novel I'll end, though there is lots more to write. I'll post soon. I wonder if anyone even checks this page anymore?

2 Comments:

  • At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am very proud of you, Sweetheart. You've worked so hard and have learned so much in the last few years. You're making me look like a slacker!

    This is the first I've heard of the B&B in Capitol City, though. (Relax, just kidding.)

    Love,

    Mark

     
  • At 6:27 AM, Blogger Elly said…

    Don't be ridiculous. Everything I've learned I learned from you. Except the whole nursing thing, but you got me through it. I could never have done it on my own.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home