Elly's Place

Adventures of a Night Nurse

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Dear Anonymous:

I am even more undeserving of sympathy than you know. Here's an example of my snobbish and, not uncommon, less than Christian-like behavior:

I had a speech class in college that was mandatory for my ADN degree. I made a friendly aquaintance with a 7-months pregnant 25 y/o. It was her fifth child and the second after her tubes were tied! Her oldest was 10 y/o.

One day before class I saw this same big-bellied girl puffing away on a cigarette out front of the school.

I never sat by her or really talked to her again.

"In life you can either be oh-so-smart or oh-so-pleasant." Elwood Doud

1 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home